Is Mercury in Fish Dangerous?

Is Mercury in Fish DangerousAnother big question on people’s minds “is mercury in fish dangerous?” Researchers from Harvard University in the U.S. found that mercury in fish eaten did not increase the risk of heart attack and stroke in people by analyzing the levels of toxins by testing tens of thousands of nail clippings. The fish has helped prevent t cardiovascular disease, but some experts are worried by the high content of mercury in various fish species. The study of American Scientists cover data for 174,000 people, over 11 years, and is the largest on this topic. Researchers measured mercury in human nails, which is a good indicator of prolonged exposure to the metal because of fish consumption. Differences in the incidence of heart attacks and strokes among people with the highest concentration of mercury and in those with the least has not been established.

Is Mercury in Fish Dangerous ~ it appears not

“People should eat fish and not worry about their hearts” said one of the researchers. Mercury is contained in soil and rock and also in coal. From coal power plants and other sources, it falls into the air, then – in the water. Small fish absorb it with plankton. The predatory fish that live longer, such as as shark, swordfish, king mackerel and others, accumulate the most mercury. So, if you like to fish, get out there and enjoy the sunshine and catch some fish, or if you are not able to get too a good fishing spot, pop down to the local seafood deli and pick up some nice tasty fish. So it seems the answer to this big question of is mercury in fish dangerous is that it is not so bad and has some great health benefits and we should not worry about mercury as much as we do!

Tags: , , ,

Comments are closed.

July 2017
M T W T F S S
« Aug    
 12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31